Optometry is a satisfying career in medical field in various ways. It is a dynamic and challenging career that offers self-awareness, work flexibility, community respect, money related achievement & unlimited opportunities.
- Placement as consultant optometrist in leading eye hospitals like Vasan Eye Care.
- Placement as optometrists in leading optical chains.
- Placement in independent eye hospital, eye clinics and optical outlets.
- Potential to set up own optometry clinics/ optical outlets.
- Placement in professional marketing, sales, research & development of optical/ ophthalmic manufacturing industries like Essilor, Bausch + Lomb, Alcon, Vision Rx, Aurolab, etc.
- Placement as faculty in academic institutions like Vasan Institute.
- Placement in central or state government hospitals and health centers.
- Can pursue post graduate programs including PhD and other fellowship programs in optometry in and outside India, and involve in basic science and clinical research.
- Can pursue post graduate programs in hospital management, clinical research & regulatory affairs, pharma business management, ocularistry and many others.
- Job opportunities in other countries like Middle-east, UK, etc.
Start your career with Optometry
There are millions of people who suffer from eye defects in our country.
The demand for optometrists is very high and is expected to rise further in the coming years
We have an active placement cell which works with the leaders in the industry from both Optical Manufacturers, Opticals and Eye care centers. Placement drives are conducted where the best in the industry participates and our students get an opportunity to participate in the drive within the campus. The cell also identifies the opportunities available in the industry time-to-time and share the same with the students. Students based on the guidance apply for the same and get placed in reputed companies.
We do have openings in our own Vasan Eye Care Hospital and students can apply for the open positions and get placed in various centers across India.